Study Day: Introduction to Equine Facilitated Therapy
A study day for Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists.
A study day for Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and
Speech and Language Therapists who are interested in:
- Gaining an insight into the amazing therapeutic attributes of a horse
- Working with horses to help people with impairments
- Assisting a Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) group
- Exploring equine/therapy combinations
This study day will provide a useful foundation for those who would like to undertake the ACPEA Advancing Practice Equine Facilitated Therapy for AHPs course with Ulster University.
Date: Saturday 12th August 2023 9am – 4.00pm
Venue: Coombe Park Equestrian and Education Centre, Coombe Park, Littlehempston, Totnes, TQ9 6LW
Programme: The day will consist of presentations, video footage of therapy interventions, an opportunity to assess equines and time for networking. Information covered will include:
- The definition of Equine Facilitated Therapy (EFT)
- The types and benefits of EFT
- The shape and movements of an equine and its effect on a rider
- Mounting and dismounting
- Scope of practice and opportunities for practice
Cost: ACPEA members £20, non-members £40 (email Vicki Bennett if you would like to join ACPEA at: - firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit website www.acpea.org)
Applications: Email the course organiser, Elspeth O’Donnell email@example.com for application forms. There will be limited places.
You will need to bring a packed lunch. Coffee and tea provided.